Πέμπτη 10 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

blogovision '15 ~ έντεκα

Jamie xx - In Colour | Young Turks


"The first time I heard dance music and understood it was when I went to Plastic People in London when I was 17. It made me move, you know, the vibration. That was a big moment. The first time I went, it was empty. I can't remember who was playing, but I was there with Oliver [Sim, of The xx] and Tic [Zogson, co-founder of Young Turks]. Oliver was going crazy, bouncing around the whole room, and we hadn't even drunk anything. It was just because it was so loud and amazing. Another time at Plastic People, we went to see Floating Points when he released his first record. I hadn't heard dance music sound that good. Partly because of the place but also because he's such a great producer.

[..] I think, in terms of the sonics, dance music definitely has much more potential to be radical [than other music]. There's more scope to do crazy things, maybe because it's been around for less long. Dance music will continue to be radically different, even if it happens slowly, over the next 20 years.

With In Colour, I'm not trying to ride a wave—I try and stay away from any cycles or anything that's going on at the moment or anything that I feel like might be happening soon. Because if you do any of that, it ends up not sounding timeless. There's some classic tracks that are classic because they are of an era, but I like trying to make things classic because you can listen to them at any time, and they could be from any time."


20. Grimes - Art Angels
19. Laura Marling - Short Movie
18. Dawn Richard - Blackheart
17. Destroyer - Poison Season
16. Kurt Vile - b'lieve i'm goin down
15. Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss
14. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
13. U.S. Girls - Half Free
12. Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars
 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: