Σάββατο 19 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

blogovision '15 ~ δύο

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | Interscope


"[..]Kendrick started plotting the angriest song, The Blacker the Berry, long before his last album and wrote the first draft in a furious burst after 17-year-old Trayvor Martin was shot dead by vigilante George Zimmerman in February 2012.
“These are issues that if you come from that environment it’s inevitable to speak on,” he says in a studio dressing room, twanging a wodge of mint-green gum between his fingers. “It’s already in your blood because I am Trayvon Martin, you know. I’m all of these kids. It’s already implanted in your brain to come out your mouth as soon as you’ve seen it on the TV. I had that track way before that, from the beginning to the end, and the incident just snapped it for me.”
It’s often said that rappers are discouraged from speaking out about politics by a controversy-shy record industry but Kendrick isn’t buying it. “No, there’s no excuse,” he says. “It’s really just about integrity. We all like to have fun. I like to have fun, too. But where do you stop and say, ‘You know what? There’s actually some real shit going on out there that people can relate to more than any singalong I can bring to the table.’”
He pulls back, worried about sounding didactic. “It’s just about balance. I don’t fault other artists. I don’t say this person should be doing that. As conscious as my music sounds, I would never point the finger because every day I make mistakes.” "


20. Grimes - Art Angels
19. Laura Marling - Short Movie
18. Dawn Richard - Blackheart
17. Destroyer - Poison Season
16. Kurt Vile - b'lieve i'm goin down
15. Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss
14. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit And Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
13. U.S. Girls - Half Free
12. Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars
11. Jamie xx - In Colour
10. Titus Andronicus - The Most Lamentable Tragedy
09. Julia Holter - Have You In My Wilderness
08. Deerhunter - Fading Frontier
07. Low - Ones and Sixes
06. Kamasi Washington - The Epic
05. D'Angelo and The Vanguard - Black Messiah
04. Tame Impala - Currents
03. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: