Πέμπτη 3 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

blogovision '15 ~ δεκαοκτώ

Dawn Richard - Blackheart | Our Dawn Entertainment


"[..]At the beginning of the record, this temptress is the vocoder and then you hear me sing clearly “I’ve been waiting so long”, and the vocodered voice is answering back. It’s a kind of forbidden love, and at one point the music industry has to let me go and I don’t want to go. It’s a constant battle – am I even supposed to be here? Is this supposed to be my calling? She won’t let me go but at some point I have to leave. It’s a really beautiful relationship, and that’s why I sang in these two different voices.

I don’t really go by the format of what a song should be. I believe in what’s genuine and feels good. Sometimes a song calls on you to go verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge, and other times it just asks you to feel. Most times when people are going through things throughout their lives, it’s never traditional, like you should feel a certain way and sing this certain way. It’s all over the place! It’s unconventional and erratic, like this album. I wanted it to feel like that."



20. Grimes - Art Angels
19. Laura Marling - Short Movie

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: